Call for papers - Radenci 2019
TECHNICAL AND FIELD RELATED PROBLEMS
OF TRADITIONAL AND ELECTRONIC ARCHIVING
Radenci/Slovenia, April 3-5, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
The international conference Technical and Field Related Problems of Traditional and Electronic Archiving hosts professionals from the fields of archival science, records management and those active and working in these fields who wish to be up to date. The conference brings novelties in the field of theoretical and practical bases of archival science and records management, professional procedures, research, standards, guidelines, best practices, projects and programmes.
Personal and other sensitive data at creators and in the archives (collecting, processing, protection)
The topic offers various possibilities: GDPR implementation, best practices and violations, other personal data protection legislation, the influence of personal data protection legislation on archival work: processing and publishing of finding aids, appraisal and acquisition of archival records and access.
The organizer, Regional Archives Maribor, is kindly inviting archivists, professionals in the field of records management and other related disciplines to participate with presentations of papers discussing the following topics:
LONG TERM PRESERVATION AND E-ARCHIVING
• E-government, E-education, E-healthcare DIGITIZATION
• Preparation of archives (description, standards)
• Digitalization procedures
• Access to archives and its use
• Presentation of digitalization projects
RECORDS MANAGEMENT AT CREATORS
• Acquiring archives and cooperation with creators
• Selection and disposal of records
• Appraisal of creators
• Managing records and archives using outsourcing (process, experiences)
• Management of records and archives (creators' experiences)
• Filling plans
• Preservation of archives at creators
MANAGEMENT OF DOCUMENTS AT CREATORS
• Procedure of archives' acquisition and cooperation with archival institutions
• Problems of selecting and disposing of current records
• Appraisal of creators
• Filling plans
• Arranging records and archives - outsourcing
• Managing records and archives at creators
• Internal rules connected to documentation management
• Preservation of records
PRESERVATION OF ARCHIVES
• Archival repositories
• Damage on archives due to inappropriate storage conditions
• Conservation and restoration of archives
We kindly ask you to submit your application not later than September 1, 2018, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please indicate your full name, title, name of the institution you work in, contact information, the title of the proposed paper and a summary (1 page). A book of abstracts in Slovene and English will be published for the conference, full articles will be published in the Moderna arhivistika (Modern Archival Science) journal.
The editorial board will inform you about its decision after all applications are received. If chosen, you will then also receive further instructions on the form of the article. All presentations at the conference will be in Slovene or English language.
Moderna arhivistika journal
Full articles will be published in the Moderna arhivistika (Modern Archival Science) journal, which continues the tradition of yearly conference proceedings and is available in open access (http://www.pokarh-mb.si/en/p/3/49/moderna-arhivistika.html). All articles are peer reviewed and, according to the review, published as either original scientific articles, review articles, short scientific articles or professional articles.
Articles are published in Slovene or English language.
Due to the peer review procedure, full articles will have to be submitted to the editorial board by December 1, 2018. For any additional information, contact the editor Mrs. Nina Gostenčnik, M. Sc. (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Ivan Fras, prof.