Radenci 2020 - Call for papersNaš znak: IF - 349/19
Maribor, 21. 10. 2019
TECHNICAL AND FIELD RELATED PROBLEMS OF TRADITIONAL AND ELECTRONIC ARCHIVING
Radenci/Slovenia, April 8-10, 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
The international conference Technical and Field Related Problems of Traditional and Electronic Archiving hosts professionals from the fields of archival science, records management and those active and working in these fields who wish to be up to date. The conference brings novelties in the field of theoretical and practical bases of archival science and records management, professional procedures, research, standards, guidelines, best practices, projects and programmes.
The key topic of the conference will be
Archival professional challenges in the global information-communication environment
The topic covers all archival professional procedures: from managing records at creators and their transfer to the competent archives, processing of archival records in the archives and distribution and use of archival records by the users. Nowadays, we have to be fully acquainted with all these procedures in the traditional "paper" as in electronic environment.
The organizer, Regional Archives Maribor, is kindly inviting archivists, professionals in the field of records management and other related disciplines to participate with presentations of papers discussing the following topics:
LONG TERM PRESERVATION AND E-ARCHIVING
- Electronic records management
- E-government, E-education, E-healthcare
- Preparation of archives (description, standards)
- Digitalization procedures
- Access to archives and its use
- Presentation of digitalization projects
RECORDS MANAGEMENT AT CREATORS
- Acquiring archives and cooperation with creators
- Selection and disposal of records
- Appraisal of creators
- Managing records and archives using outsourcing (process, experiences)
- Management of records and archives (creators' experiences)
- Filling plans
- Preservation of archives at creators
MANAGEMENT OF DOCUMENTS AT CREATORS
- Procedure of archives' acquisition and cooperation with archival institutions
- Problems of selecting and disposing of current records
- Appraisal of creators
- Filling plans
- Arranging records and archives - outsourcing
- Managing records and archives at creators
- Internal rules connected to documentation management
- Preservation of records
PRESERVATION OF ARCHIVES
- Archival repositories
- Damage on archives due to inappropriate storage conditions
- Conservation and restoration of archives
Please submit your application by November 30, 2019 to the following address: email@example.com.
When applying, please indicate:
- your full name and title,
- name of the institution you work in,
- contact information,
- title of the proposed paper and
- an abstract (1 page).
A book of abstracts in Slovene and English will be published for the conference; full articles will be published in the Moderna arhivistika journal.
The editorial board will inform you about its decision after all applications are received. If chosen, you will then also receive further instructions on the form of the article. All presentations at the conference will be in Slovene or English language.
Moderna arhivistika journal
Full articles will be published in the Moderna arhivistika (Modern Archival Science) journal, which continues the tradition of yearly conference proceedings and is available in open access (http://www.pokarh-mb.si/en/p/3/49/moderna-arhivistika.html).
All articles are peer reviewed and, according to the review, published as either original scientific articles, review articles, short scientific articles or professional articles.
Articles are published in Slovene or English language.
Due to the peer review procedure, full articles will have to be submitted to the editorial board by March 1, 2020. For any additional information, contact the editor Mrs. Nina Gostenčnik, M. Sc. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking forward to hearing from you.« Back