Technical and Field Related Problems of Traditional and Electronic Archiving
April 15 - 17, 2015
Hotel Radin / Radenci / Slovenia
Under the honorary patronage of the International Council on Archives and general sponsorsMikrografija d. o. o. Novo mesto in Trevis d. o. o. Ljubljana.
The international conference will be held from April 15 to April 17, 2015 in Hotel Radin in Radenci, Slovenia. It will bring lectures of professionals from the fields of archival and related sciences and the most current events and best practices.
This year the conference will host speakers from many countries, besides Slovenia also Brazil, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2015
The first day of the conference the mail theme of the conference will be covered: preservation of archives. We all know that preservation is essential for the safekeeping of archives for their further use and further generations. Since the Regional Archives Maribor faces severe problems in the field of preservation and storage, we have decided to choose the topic of preservation as the main theme of this year's conference.
In the opening session of the conference, we present the following key speakers:
- Julijana Bizjak Mlakar, MA, Minister of culture of the Republic of Slovenia,
- David Leitch, Ph. D., secretary general of the International Council on Archives,
- Jonathan Rhys-Lewis, president of the ICA Expert Group on Archival Buildings and Environments,
- Josef Riegler, Ph. D., director of the Provincial Archives in Graz (lecture on Thursday)
- Tadeja Matos, Ph. D., from the Institute for Microbiology and Immunology in Ljubljana
The conference will continue with presentations of articles discussing various methods of preservation and solutions to damage caused by inadequate storage conditions.
THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2015
Section 1 - Congress Hall - for archival professionals
The professional section will bring lectures of archivists and professionals from other related fields, who will discuss:
- archival service and creators,
- protection of archives at creators,
- digitalization of audio-visual archives,
- use of archives and copyrights.
Section 2 - Izvor Hall - for creators of archives
Workshop: Internal rules - an instrument for guaranteeing authenticity and use of archives in digital form
FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2015
Section 1 - Congress Hall - for creators of archives
Presentations of current themes:
- Slovene electronic archives,
- European project of establishing an e-archiving service,
- Archives of creators from the judiciary field,
- Problems of archives at cultural institutions,
- Accessibility of medical records and
- Acquisitions of archives from creators and private persons.
Section 2 - Izvir Hall - for archival professionals
A professional section where problems with describing archives will be discussed and a special emphasis will be given to the use of scopeArchiv software.
Conference proceedings are published every year on the day of the conference. All presented articles are published in e-form and available on-line.